Not Your Ordinary Family

Not Your Ordinary Family
My boys

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ready for a God weekend?

So... this weekend is Women's Retreat weekend.  I have mixed feelings about women's retreats.   I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the time that I get to spend with all the ladies, some whom I have known forever and some whom I have never met.  That makes it a great weekend in itself.  The part of it that I don't always look forward to is that God usually uses the weekend to "work" on me:)   Part of being a growing believer is that God is constantly reminding us of the things that we need to change or mature in our lives. Our theme this weekend is "Becoming a woman who...".   We left the theme open because we know that even though our speakers have specific topics that they will be sharing with us, God may have a different agenda for each of us.  God will use the topics and the small group times and the worship and the fun to speak to us individually through the weekend and help us to hear what He wants us to hear.  He will speak into our lives if only we will listen:)   Hope you've got your ears and eyes open for the message God wants you to hear.  Maybe this weekend is just about encouragement for you... be ready!!  If you aren't attending the retreat, please be praying for those who are, so that they will be in an open and ready place to receive God's word, which is healing, transforming, uplifting, convicting, and much more.  Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment